Part of a group to educate children about sustainability and global goals. Involved in activities to spread awareness about global goals
Program Leader – Startup Leadership Program – Boston Chapter
SLP is a network of leaders and entrepreneurs helping the community to start new ventures so as to make the world a better place. I am leading the Boston Chapter’s program for this year. This is a 6 month interactive program for entrepreneurs taking them on a journey from Ideation to Exit. Key role includes
- Periodic event organization to spread the SLP cause and educate entrepreneurs from Boston ecosystem about SLP
- Organizing and Leading various sessions over 6 months. Sessions are divided into four quarters (Ideation, Financing, Leadership and Valuations/Exits). Various aspects of company building are taught in these sessions (e.g Lean methods, Customer development, Pitching, Term sheet negotiations etc)
- Networking with entrepreneurs, VCs, Investors, Lawyers and inviting them as keynote guests for each session. The guest provide valuable insights into various aspects and is a great platform for the cohort to network.
TiE Boston Volunteer
Volunteering for event organization for TiE Boston
- TiE Deep Dive Event : Carbon Capture And Storage 12/5/2016
- TiE Deep Dive Event : IoT- An interactive discussion 1/25/2017
BITSAA-Boston Exec Team – Alumni Association Activities
Instrumental in alumni activities for undergrad college (BITS-Pilani India). Key role includes
- Organizing Boston chapter “BITSians Day“: Annual gathering of alumni from all over the world. Organizing such a gathering for all BITS alumni in and around Boston area
- Welcome Networking for new students : Organizing a networking session of new incoming students/ young professionals with current alumni in Boston. This provides a great stage for newcomers to know the local community and keep the network strong.
- Upcoming events – Cultural festival for alumni. Great way to celebrate Indian traditions, revive college days and get together in an informal and fun way.
Earth Day Initiative : Initiated a tree plantation program at current workplace on Earth Day. Every year I (and my company colleagues) have pledged to plant one tree on Earth Day
Other clean energy Initiatives:
- Tree Plantation/ gifting (done a lot, on going, continuous effort, also gifted plants to many in order to spread the cause)
- Participated in Newton green harvest fair representing XLHybrids
- Participated in Larz Anderson EV exhibit to spread the green cause.
Guru-Cool Initiative (Mentor-matching service) : Instrumental in creating a service to connect industry experts with students in need.
Need: A lot of students in India do not get relevant industry exposure while studying. They also may not be fortunate enough to have a strong alumni network. This results in ill-equipped students when they graduate and enter industry.
Hence this voluntary effort to connect such needy students with industry experts who are willing to devote their time in guiding these students to make them better suited for industry.
I myself mentor around 2 students/young professionals periodically.