Tesla Motors is a California based electric vehicle manufacturing company led by Elon Musk. After the first sports car Roadster, Tesla Motors came up with ModelS. All electric family luxury car. ModelX, the SUV followed ModelS and then the more affordable family car Model3.
I joined Tesla as a Systems Test Engineer and then also worked as a Firmware Test Engineer.
Title: Systems and Firmware Test Engineer (2011-2013)
Primary Responsibilities include dynamometer test cell development, powertrain component testing and battery management system firmware validation
- Coding Languages: Matlab, Simulink, NI Labview, Veristand, Teststand, CVI, Vector
- EE: NI PCI/PXI Hardware and data acquisition
- Analysis tools: Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, PEAK-PCAN
- Hands-on experience with electrical wiring, routing, high voltage, harness building
- In house development of chassis and motor dynamometer test systems
- Conceptualization and SW design of new chassis dynamometer system
- Design and implement real time dynamometer controller and data acquisition system with integrated fault injection capabilities
- Hands on experience with complete electric powertrain integration
- Conceptualization and validation of system level validation tests for motor-inverter-battery systems
- Thermal Testing
- Electric motor efficiency maps
- Motor control algorithm validation
- Chassis dyno testing of ModelS at varying temperatures and humidity for range, performance and reliability.
- PCB Level BMS Firmware validation
- Responsible for defining and executing tests to validate firmware for battery management system using CVI test framework.
- Intimately familiar with battery algorithms (insulation monitoring, soc calculation, energy management, safety algorithms etc)
- Performed board bring-ups for BMS and inverter test boards
- Hardware and Firmware validation for 12V system components
- Defining and executing tests for self presenting door handles of ModelS for functionality, accuracy and reliability (using CANoe framework)
- Four corners testing of door handles and charge port hardware